An independent charity, NACE works with member schools, education leaders and practitioners to improve provision for more able learners, driving whole-school improvement and raising achievement for all.
Drawing on over 35 years’ experience, we offer a complete package of support across all sectors, phases, contexts and stages of development in more able provision.
Annual school membership covers all staff within your school.
Regular updates for your leadership and teaching team
Latest thinking, practice and policy for more able learners
- NEW! Share best practice via our members' blog
- What the latest research, policy and guidance mean for your school
- Monthly newsfeed direct to staff inboxes
- Termly Insight magazine for your staffroom and CPD library
- Quick links to the latest resources, digests and opportunities
- All you need to know to stay abreast of developments in the field
Face-to-face CPD and networking for all your staffJoin a professional learning community: exchange ideas and inspiration with peers and experts
- NEW! Connect with a professional learning community at our termly member meetups
- Specialised CPD led by NACE experts and Challenge Award schools
- Focus on key aspects of provision, including subject areas
- Exchange and discuss ideas and experiences with peers
- Insights and resources from high-profile host venues
- Build your professional network for ongoing support
Regularly updated online guidance and CPD
Establish a shared approach, skills and knowledge across your school
- NEW! Regular live webinars led by NACE experts and partners
- NEW! Bank of recorded webinars for staff training
- NACE Essentials guides, case studies and policy bites
- Practical examples, templates and checklists
- Phase- and role-specific materials
- Shared overall approach, with flexibility for self-directed staff development
School-to-school collaboration and research initiatives
Develop your school’s research capacity and expertise, and help to shape the future of more able provision
- NEW! Join a NACE R&D Hub for regional collaboration, learning exchange and school-to-school support
- NEW! Partner with universities and others in national research initiatives
- Develop in-school research skills and culture for continuous innovation and improvement
- Trial new approaches, assess impact and share your findings
- Be part of the national and international conversation
Additional member benefits...
- Opportunity to purchase the NACE Challenge Framework – exclusively for NACE members*
- Save up to 30% on all NACE CPD, consultancy and school review services
What our members say…
“Embarking upon improving and embedding provision for more able learners and challenge for all is a whole-school and -trust undertaking. Membership of NACE and access to the rich range of high-quality resources and support has been paramount to our successful journey in this regard.” - Christabel Shepherd, Executive Headteacher, Copthorne and Holybrook Primary Schools
“Being a member of NACE has enabled us to access high-quality learning support and specialist advice. Alongside research and best practice in other schools, we are able to plan and implement proven strategies, which will enhance the learning of all our children.” - Jennifer Richards, headteacher and headteacher consultant, St Mark’s CE Primary, Aquinas Trust
“NACE membership offers a wealth of materials for coordinators (both new and experienced) that help you understand your role and create purposeful action plans. Overall, being a member of NACE has helped us develop challenge in innumerable ways.” - Carl Iszatt, able coordinator, Highfield Primary School
“NACE membership provides access to high-quality materials and expert support. Courses in specialist subjects, as well as the coordinator role, develop understanding of providing challenge for the more able in education.” - Madeleine Wivell, MAT coordinator, Park House School
“Whether the school needs to develop from a low Ofsted category and low achievement to a high-performing school, or go beyond the outstanding category, the NACE Challenge Framework provides the challenge, the direction and the energy for all.” - Paul Dick, headteacher of Kennet School and chief executive of the Kennet School Academies Trust
Annual membership fees
School with up to 70 pupils: £95
71 to 150 pupils: £140
151 to 500 pupils: £195
501 to 1,000 pupils: £270
1,001 or more pupils: £325
Universities and local authorities: £325
Trainee teacher: £40
MATS, alliances and clusters: price on application**
Schools based outside the UK: £325
All prices subject to VAT, with the exception of schools outside the UK. Fees correct as of January 2019.
*Please note that the NACE Challenge Framework can only be purchased by schools.
**Discount available for groups of five or more schools joining together.